Basic Life Support (BLS)
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
This is the most common kind of BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification needed by Healthcare Workers. Required for working in the healthcare industry such as a hospital, clinic, nursing home, assisted living facility or any healthcare setting.
*WE OFFER BOTH FULL COURSE AND SKILLS-ONLY FOR THIS COURSE*
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants